Monday, August 6, 2018

Where did all the time go?

So I was just browsing through my draft posts and I have quite a few of them. But this was quite finished so I wondered why I never posted it. Anyway, here it is. thoughts from 2 years ago, LEGIT.

The same old phrase, time really flies. You never really notice it passing by until it accumulates to months or years. I'm already in my last lap of YEAR 3!!!! Wts. Honestly, I didn't think 3 years would pass by so fast. Now that I ponder about it, 3 years is really a short amount of time.

Back in primary school, we had 6 years, which was freaking long enough. Then in secondary, education was cut by a year. I wouldn't say it was too long or too short, maybe just nice. Then at the start of poly, I thought, "okay, I have 3 years, I still have some time". So I spent the 1st year figuring out my path, new environment, etc. When Year 2 came, I thought "nothing feels that different?" and just sort of breezed through it. Reality hit me during my 1st Year 3 attachment. Honestly, my friends and I were thinking it was still a Year 2 attachment but no. Shit got real. That was when I was like "oh shit, I'm graduating in a year. SERIOUSLY??" When did all that happen. Like what have I been doing for the past few years??

I'm pretty sure a lot of people have these kinds of thoughts.

When I was in Year 1. Omg, I felt like a baby fumbling around an unfamiliar terrain. I'm never good at 'opening my mouth', as my teachers and parents would call it but I somehow managed to take the initiative to make my first friend in poly.

And whenever she brings up how I started the conversation with her I'm just internally cringing at myself inside. It was an achievement nonetheless. I'd say Year 1 Sem 1 was the best time in my poly life.

Year 3 celebrations.
Damn touching moment. I literally felt that this was the end. We are really separating. We had a round of feedback session where everyone just said their thanks and appreciation to people in the class. ... just speechless. The feelsss T.T So thankful to be in NR1405. Never regretted being in this class. It's really the best out of all the classes I've been in primary and secondary school. We helped each other in lengths that I never thought possible. Its not just the people in your clique that will help, it's everyone. Sharing notes that one person got from other classes to the whole class, photocopying self-written notes for the whole class. And it For that, I'm forever thankful. This class has taught me so much about kindness, understanding, caring and sharing. 

And somehow, you've got more questions then ever piling up on you.

From yourself:
"What am I going to do when I graduate?"
"When will I start working"
"Where am I going to work?"
 "Will I even have a decent working salary?"
"what will working life be like?"

From others: (friends, family, teachers omg the whole lot of them)

"When are you graduating?"
"When will you start working?"
"How much is your pay going to be?"
"Are you prepared to graduate?" (OHhellno)

andmanymanymore...

Okay, so I really don't know how my future is going to be although I have been saying like

 "oh, just work in hospital after graduation lor. Maybe NUH 'cos I attached there a lot of times so I'm familiar withe the environment. Or perhaps NTFGH since it's nearer to my house."

"Maybe work for 2 years first to gain experience before specializing?"

All these maybes ugh. Nothing is ever set in stone until you experience it. Makes me feel so insecure like so what if I planned it out. Anything can go wrong anything. I'd never see it coming.

At least I'll still try to take it one step at a time. Whatever the future may be, just give it to me and *fingers crossed* let's hope I'm prepared.

Now, it's really amusing to step back and look at the changes happened since I wrote this.
 



0 comments:

Post a Comment