Sunday, March 6, 2016

1st Choreographing experience

Hello friends! I performed in a dance piece during NYP's openhouse in Jan. I definitely felt excited as it was my first time performing for openhouse but what I was really ecstatic about was that we performed our own choreographed piece! So I will not miss blogging this out for the world. We took a lot of inspiration from our seniors, various dance teachers and the internet of course haha. The rest we squeezed from our brain juices lol. We started thinking of ideas and songs for the item in the last week of October last year. The real choreographing began in Nov, and the real hardcore practices started in Dec. Our dance teacher left somewhere in the mid of Dec and we were left on our own for almost a month. In respect to that, I applaud ourselves for having the determination to diligently attend self-practices even during busy school periods. Schoolwork was crazy during those few months that time man, and I had an important module exam too. (which I barely passed) Still, I was glad everything worked out in the end and we saw the fruits of our labour.

We thought of the costume, hairstyle, and makeup all by ourselves and yes, we also did it ourselves. Throughout this whole process, I felt a huge sense of accomplishment because omg, I still can't believe it a little but we really did a lot by ourselves. In a small group of 6. I believe that we also came to a realization that we had a lot to learn about dance (so much more and it's never ending).

However, one thing I'm sure about is: I have no regrets during those few months of preparation for the dance item.

I'm sure you have seen those 15 seconds videos of the performance but here is the full one! Finally!! (ps, sorry about the quality, it's filmed by a phone after all. Probably better if you watch it small)
 |
and presenting our dance piece, Man On A Wire 

Left to right: Ren Ting, Me, Jacinth, Li Yun, Shi Jia, Cheryl
Performers <3 So grateful for them, especially Li Yun and Shi Jia for taking the lead and giving us motivation hehe.

Never got to write them an individual note so here it is:

Ren Ting, you may not have realised, but you have grown in the short period of time in DC. Taking part in so many performances must have been a huge step out of your own comfort zone. I'm so glad that you have become more comfortable with us and able to crack jokes too hehe. Please continue to find joy in dancing~ <3

Jacinth, you never fail to be the happy pill during practices even when you are stressed up with your hectic school schedule. You have surprised me, and I'm sure the others with your creative dance moves which added a unique touch to the dance item. You went through a lot, really, but I believe that you have proved that you do have a flair for dance. Keep trying! Don't give up! <3

Li Yun, although I wasn't close to you at all previously, I'm sure we have gotten closer through this whole process. And I'm really glad that you and Shi Jia decided to participate in this. Thank you for your sudden 'high' moments after milo haha. It really brightens the atmosphere when we felt tired. You definitely gave me the energy to continue practicing. And yes, thank you to you and Shi Jia for being so patient with the rest of us when we couldn't think of steps. <3

Shi Jia, I also wasn't close to you at first, and didn't know how to approach you and Li Yun at the start. But you two were so friendly and we could eventually talk on comfortable terms. I still remember that random h2h talk the six of us had. I felt like we all got closer after that. Thank you for your friendliness and always managing to pull the whole team back on track when we were too crazy playing haha. <3

Cheryl, I don't think you know it, but you were like a motivation for me to study even when I'm so tired after dance. Haha. You hae always balanced dance and schoolwork so well that I believe you're a role model that most of us look up too. Please continue to do that haha. But don't be too stressed up! Thank you also for dealing with SAO for a lot of stuff but know that you still have us if you need any help. <3

They probably won't see this but hehe, I'm thankful for them.
 Lastly, you see that girl in the centre, that's Shu Jing. Haha, Thank you so so much for coming to support us even though you're not in the item and helping us to video and giving us comments on practices. Even coming on openhouse day to help with makeup and moral support. And also to video our performance!! Hehe, love you loads! <3


be back soon! 
-

0 comments:

Post a Comment