Sunday, October 14, 2018

HHN #8

Hellos everyone! As you all know, it's the Halloween month and this year, I finally went to USS Halloween Horror Nights. It's the eighth edition this year. So glad I could make it for this with the best fun-filled group of friends from sec sch.

I was honestly really tired 'cos it was post-shift, didn't even have time for a nap. -cries- But my energy picked up later on as I thought it would.

There were 5 haunted houses in total:
Killuminati: vampires
Pagoda of Peril: chinese spirit folklore
Pontianak: malay village spirit horror
The Haunting of Oiwa: japanese horror
And last but not least, the most anticipated house of the year thanks to netflix,
Stranger Things : need I explain?


We went on the first weekend of October, and well, of course there were queues. I don't know how the previous years were like, but damn the queues were long. I didn't really catch the waiting time for all the houses, but the stranger things house had us queuing for 100mins (: Thankfully, I didn't feel that the waiting time was as long as I expected it to be. Probably due to talking and joking with friends, which made passing time faster and more enjoyable.


Loads of time to selfie/wefie while queuing kay.
Tips:
-Dress in light and airy clothes because human heat is no joke. 
-Go in big groups of friends, time will pass more enjoyably
-Definitely have even numbers!!

Last tip is because there are so many people and the space in some areas of the house is only enough to fit 2 at once. I have tried going in a trio and it was not good kay. I was at the side and I just kept getting off-balance 'cos I was pushed to the wall by my friend. Well, what are friends for.

There are also scare zones in designated areas. Where you, erm, get scared by them, what else. They'll literally run up to you and scare you in your face hahaha. Most of the time I was just laughing at my friends getting scared and screaming because I'm not the type to scream a lot.

After going through all the houses, we had time to play the mummy and transformers rides!! Also managed to catch one of their horror theatre special called Dead Talks.



I think our time and money there was pretty well spent because we did a lot. We literally went in from the time they opened to their closing time.

!!SPOILER ALERT!!
Skip this if you want the element of surprise when you go
Overall, I find Stranger Things to be the most fascinating house and also the one I felt I spent the most time inside probably because there were so many things to see. I could feel the effort they put into this. I kind of wanted to see more haha. The Haunting of Oiwa has got to be the scariest house for me because it also plays on real-life fears. I can deal with fake ghosts but I can't deal with fake snakes or cockroaches okay. Especially if the lighting is so dark and it keeps moving towards me I can't differentiate real from fake. Oh also I probably replayed too much jap horror shows in my head before entering. The Pontianak house wasn't too bad either. They really set it in a malay village setting and wow I could even appreciate how much effort was put into their makeup. There was this guy sitting half-dead on the floor with his guts spilling out. Other 2 houses didn't leave much impression on me.



My first experience was a good one and I would go back again with enough company but maybe not next year, see how it goes. And that's all for now! See y'all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment