Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Hello 2018! Another year on...


Image result for gif thinking

Hello!! Greetings everyone in 2018!! Hahah. It has been yet another few months since I haven't posted anything but, I have been busy adjusting to adult life, like officially. 😶 And omgosh, blogger actually can use emojis already?? Or is it that I just didn't notice.

And yes, like everyone else, it's time for me to reflect on the previous year.

2017 has been a year of challenges and milestones. It has definitely been tough, but rewards don't come without effort right? From completing my PRCP in February, planning and embarking on an overseas trip, graduating in May, becoming jobless and lost in my future, to finally getting a stable job and turning 21st, and to the most recent DC production!! 😆 All these moments gave me a taste of what adulthood is, and what it has in store for me.
(Oh and, it's a story for another day but I finally went on a adventure to an abandoned place!!)

Nothing can prepare us for what lies in adulthood, until you're truly at that stage.  Damn, did I ever mention that I wanted to stop growing at 12? I still wish I could, with every passing year. 

I'd say the 1st half of 2017 has been me finding myself and my future path, while the latter half had me having a clearer vision of my future, though not a certain one. I'm just glad I'm not jobless at 21.
Times are hard, society is harsh, standards of living are high.

Turning 21st was a quiet affair for me. Of course, everyone else are busy settling their adult lives, be it school or work. And I, with mine. 21 isn't that big of a deal afterall. The number doesn't make it special, it's the things you do in that year that make 21st such a big deal.

DANCE. Still an important part of my life till this day and I never regretted joining dance. I must really thank that friend who roped me in primary school chinese dance. Many a time, dance has helped me express my emotions, and people are made aware of them, when I felt like there was no outlet for me. I especially like the feeling of forgetting everything else to have 100% concentration in dance. It just empties my mind of anything and everything. (y'know humans always have issues)
After all these years of dance, I finally had the chance to create a choreography that I could solely call my own. Of course, it wasn't done without guidance. I'll touch more on this in future but for now, it's one of my proudest milestones in life and IS in my dance life.


Growing up, I could never envision my adult life. While others had images of their future, mine was just a blank sheet. I'm really thankful I made it through 21 blessed with important events. Last year prepared me for baby steps into adult life, I guess in 2018, it's for real.

 Now every year, I'd just ride on the fun of creating new year's resolutions. Looking back, those were really silly and I didn't keep to most of them. So what's the point? Therefore, in 2018,  I just want to make a simple resolution. Dear 2018, let's make it a stable and meaningful year.

To everyone else, let's make this year one that we remember fondly. 😊



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment