Monday, April 17, 2017

Gratitude

  What are you thinking of when you see someone in need? Before helping them, while helping them and after everything?

  Honestly, I don't get myself too sometimes.

  As long as it is someone I know, I don't mind lending a helping hand. A simple thank you after that would suffice. Or sometimes they wouldn't say it, but it's fine, because the help was really no big deal. When helping someone close to you, sometimes 'thank yous' are not even needed. Just seeing them happy after your help is enough.

  Occasionally, there would be those friends (who are trying to get closer but aren't quite there yet) who ask for a little help. Which more often than not, is more than a little; at least in my case. But yeah, it's really okay since it's within my ability. And then, there are those close friends whom, sometimes I just don't know if we are close or just because we have known each other for a long while. They try to find people who can help but 80% of them can't. And so I always turn out to be the high percentage of that 20% who can. A bit like I'm the last resort kind of feel?

  It's probably those kind of people that get me worked up thinking, "how is a thank you from them enough?" I would be even more grateful if they could just stop coming to me when they need something LOL.These kind of people really tire me out.

  Well, if they really need something, it would be wiser to choose friends more carefully so I don't end up as a backup again? HAHA, and then when they don't have people to go out with, BAM, suddenly I'm the best choice and we are like the closest during that particular outing. (or maybe not) Oh no, when their favourite person is free, they don't even bother asking me already OH WOW. That's really nice huh. Considering I accompanied you when there's no one? And that favourite person turns out to be one of my closest friends? Yes, that's alright. So when your fave person can't lend you some help for your event, you come to me? I doubt you would have asked me if she could.

  My mother's words really come to mind at times like these. "Why do you help so much and let people take advantage of you?" I really didn't understand back when I was really young. I was elated to know that I could be of use to someone. But now, thanks to some people, I do. 'Of use', that's how I would describe it now. My worth to some people. Just a person who is always there when need arises.

  What makes me even more upset is that I would still be happy to help whenever I get asked. There's always that naive me thinking, "Maybe the outcome will be different? Our relationship will change a little better." But no, I just get thrown away after they are done.

  That's how I learned to shun from people when they do need help. I'm constantly worried that I'm the next backup plan. Hell, on rare occasions I even dislike helping anyone due to my past experiences. After all, when I'm the one in need, who is there to help me? Definitely not those pretentious people.

  Thankfully, after so many years, I have found true friends who knows how to appreciate others. Like, I can really feel it. Their 'thank yous' are sincere so much so that I don't ask for anymore. What is thank you sometimes? Don't need it. Their smiles are enough.

  To anyone who felt like I did, just lend a little help sometimes, even when you don;t feel like it. Who knows? You might actually find gems of a friend. With regards to those annoying people, who's there to help them if you don't? There's that saying, isn't there? A little help goes a long way (:

0 comments:

Post a Comment