Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Recyclable hair?? JK

First of all, this is the 3rd hair colour that I'm trying out and I don't think I had a post for my red hair which was my 2nd hair colour so here are some photos first.
                                                               
                                                                   Natural lighting        
     
                                                     Artificial in-my-room lighting 
 And I don't know what to call this. Special effects lighting?? Hahaha. Last taken when I went to the Artscience Musuem which was really cool!! Ermm, no post from that trip because most of the photos  were in Xy's camera which she hasn't sent me yet. T.T (reminder erhem *hinthint haha)

Here comes... *JENG JENG JENG JENG!!*

GREEN HAIR!! Like plant LOL. I half regretted this after it was done(yesterday) because I didn't expect it to be so... green . And if you know me, I'm not the kind to stand out so I really don't do bright colours. But, I'm kind of settling into this already and I'm just hoping it will fade into a darker green, like olive?? New year new me. Haha.

So that's how my hair looks like on the day itself and one day after.

Price? $168. I know all of you will go like, 'omg so expensive!' I know I know, no reminders needed. My bank account is crying T.T. But much more of my hair length was dyed this time so I guess that fact is a little self-comforting. -Desperate self-consolation- 

                                                 Initially, I wanted to go for something like this. 
   Or this
Image result for ash green hair

But it was far too expensive and wayyy out of my budget to have my hair like on the left. (Which was also why I decided to go to a hair salon since I wanted the whole hair done).
I was also a little too rash about my decision to dye green because I was counting the time left to rock the colour until graduation. So, I didn't book an appointment at the usual home salon.We can't have unnatural hair colours for the graduation ceremony.  Can you believe it?? Omg, can't they just give us some leeway when graduating since some of us can't have unnatural colours in our working life? Especially in nursing. Oh. my. gosh. So annoying! Why can't nurses do whatever with their hair. Sheesh.

So the lady recommended to do the lower part of my hair only, which was cheaper. And I told her I wanted a deep green. But life doesn't always go as we want and I ended up with that. I also wanted to curl the ends of my hair like in the photo, but dyeing already cost me that much so, sorry, no curls for my hair. T.T  Can someone just give me a hair curler right now??

Good luck to me standing out in public LOL. I now find my hair nicer if I tie it up or is it a subconscious thing to keep the hair color out of my sight?? HAHAH. This explains all my braided hair styles hahaha.

Sighs. Reason why I didn't want to dye green before was because I had a prejudice about this colour being like plants and algae what not. It's disgusting if you think of it that way, but dark green looked really nice in photos so... But it turned out like that so... #101waystofeelinsecure

Honestly, so far my friends haven't said that it's bad but maybe it's because they haven't seen it in real-life. But peoples' comments have been good so far. EXCEPT for my brother. Comments from my brother, 'Eee, so ugly, why you dye this colour.' Omgosh, his words stabbed me right in the heart. Can he be any more cruel. Geez.

Okay, I need to start loving myself and my hair more. Time for some self-acceptance and open-mindedness. PLUS REFLECTION. Note to self: just go to the home salon you usually do your hair if you want to dip-dye. No matter what. thank you very much.

Amazing how much I can type just for my hair lol.

If I look at it closely, there are streaks of green that I really like, but altogether it's just. Omg. Green Alright! I'll continue to do more updates for my hair and see how it fades!! Hopefully it'll fade to a really dark colour! *fingers crossed*

0 comments:

Post a Comment