Sunday, December 13, 2015

Tanjong Pagar Railway Station

Hey y'all! SO I haven't posted any adventure pics since my March one so here's a post just for it!

I initially wanted to wait till I went to explore other railway stations before posting them all but it didn't happen because lots of other things happened. This is dated wayyy back in May on Labour Day because it only opens to the public on public holidays so yeah.

It was a time when I saw lots of cool insta photos with railway tracks so I decided to go. And the nearest one to me was Tanjong Pagar. So I thought, why not? I asked my brother along because we haven't went out together alone before. And I honestly have never seen a railway train station before in real life before so it was exciting for me. Over the course of this photos you will see my brother acting as a model for me hahaha. Alright enough talk and enjoy the photos!

 You can spot it just across a construction area. It gives off a really antique kind of feeling from the outside!
 

 The cars spoiled the feels.
 You can't tell but I was extremely excited to be there.

 Lol, me with my old specs and shorter hair length. I loveeee my hair now.
I really like this shot. It wasn't planned at all.
 
 We arrived there in the morning at about 10 or 11a.m. because I was afraid we wouldn't be able to get nice photos if there were too many people. Turns out, there were fewer people in the afternoon lol.
 
 Some even had photo shoot there lol. So don't be afraid to have your own too! It's free anyway hahaha.
I think this was supposed to be a washroom of some sort?
Some places are locked up sadly.
Old school type of shops. Trying to imagine how it'd have been like.
 And that's the lever to change tracks whee!
 Well obviously those were my favourite shots too. Hehe. Captured the sunlight perfectly in my opinion.
 Guess what I found heh
 You can submit your own drawings there and have them displayed right at that place! I feel that it's quite an honor to be able to do such a thing. After all, how long more will this place stand? It's quite a heritage in Singapore.
 This place looks too empty that it's a little scary.
 
Stairs leading to the second floor which is also out of bounds. :'( 
 
 Walked all the way to the back of the platform where there were fewer people but no tracks. :(
 I think my flexibility is stuck there.
 Jumps of happiness yes! 
I confirm that I jumped more than 10 times hahaha.
 
These are not all the photos I took there because I lost some which were saved in my thumb drive which frustratingly broke. Anyway, it felt really great to visit a history of Singapore and I think those who haven't gone should go too! At least it's still in a condition to be seen now. But in time, this building will wear and most probably be demolished so why not experience it?
So that's it for this post! I'll be back soon!
 
 
-
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment