Monday, December 22, 2014

Giving money to the correct people

Did this post a while back but didn't edit it until now.
-  
Hello guys! I'm back again with another topic. As seen from above. 
I'm sure all of you have seen some elderly or handicapped people selling packets of tissue paper, playing instruments, or just sitting there waiting for money to be given. It's totally fine for those performing music, but I'll give a second thought before giving money to those selling tissue paper or just sitting there. Why? Because there have been articles like these.

Elderly woman asking for money at Holland Village can get thousands of dollars on weekends
Fake handicapped beggar suddenly 'grows' legs

I trust that we have all seen such articles before, and they totally piss me off. Taking advantage of people's kindness and sympathy. You still wanna say how Singaporeans are heartless? How many people have wasted their money on just that old woman alone? If it weren't for the one or two more alert people who sensed that something wasn't quite right, more of us would have given her money like blind mice.

Group of beggars in China leading lavish lifestyles - See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/asia/group-beggars-china-leading-lavish-lifestyles#sthash.kbyLApcA.dpuf

I'm not saying that all of them are the same, simply that there are the minority who are so heartless and overcome with greed that they decided to resort to these methods. I don't know what thir reasons are, but they have their 4 limbs, so they can jolly well walk around and look for a job instead of acting as beggars. Even some of those handicapped people on the streets perform music. But them? I'm thoroughly disgusted. 

I'm sure all of you think the same way. I can't help but wonder every time I walk past such people outisde. Whether they are out to cheat or simply because they need to make a living. Such cases have made us lose trust and even doubt giving money to those who really need them. If there are more of such cases, (touch wood) I really hope they get exposed quickly. 

In addition, I really do hope that those really in need would be able to reach the help of many welfare organisations in Singapore and stop begging on the streets. Because the way I see it, they are not going to get much money from the public that way after these articles. So, I really hope they will be able to get proper help.

Any thoughts you have? (:


0 comments:

Post a Comment